After a year of pandemic we definitely need to get back on track with traveling. Many people have lost their sense of traveling, their habits and the necessary measures they usually used to travel safely. That is why we felt necessary to write this article including all the best tips we could share for a safe trip. They are good if you’re traveling by yourself, or for family trips or couple trips. Here our list:
- Always travel with one or two hard copies of your travel documents: passport, IDs, health insurance cards. You can definitely lost all of them or some of them and you might need a backup, especially for your policy report. Also, it is advisable to go sightseeing with hardcopies of the documents and leave them locked at your accommodation.
- Bring a lock in your suitcase, it could be useful if you have some documents or items you need to lock in your suitcase or a cabinet. If you are stay in a hostel it will definitely come handy to lock your stuff up. It is better to use a lock with a combination of numbers or letters that the ones with keys. If you lost those keys you’re screwed.
- Travel with city maps: they are extremely useful for sightseeing and going around the city. But still do not be afraid to lost since this is also a good part of traveling. Getting off the beaten paths is always an experience and will allow you to get to know the real essence of the place you’re visiting.
- Try to have written down or to learn basic phrases in local language. They could be very helpful since you never know what happen while you’re exploring the place.
- Have a first-aid kit with you: add paracetamol, antibacterial cream, pads, roller gauze, bandages, medical tape, thermometer. If you are taking any remedies, bring it with you, as well as a prescription from your physician. If you are traveling with kids you should know that the amount of remedies you should bring with you is basically tripled. Just play on the safe side.
- Take picture of your luggage before approaching the counter, this will help you in case the airline lost it.
- Get vaccinated: apart from COVID-19 vaccine, some countries require you to do specific vaccines to enter it. So be prepared for it and get your shot before traveling.
- Carry extra cash, this is always useful for last minute shopping or for emergency reason. You can also consider to carry an extra credit card in case you experience any problem with the one you usually use.
- Get travel insurance: this is a must have for any kind of travel. So get yours and learn all the conditions of the contract before purchasing. This is the best expense you can do for your trip.
We hope that these tips can help you planning your next trip, and remember: get whatever you can to travel safely all around the world.