WEDDING IN PERU
PLAN YOUR PERU WEDDING WITH US!
Congratulations on your engagement! You’ve got a lot on your mind. Event thought a wedding in Peru could be a dream comes true for you and your fiancé, the last thing you need is some complex logistical nightmare getting in the way. Everything needs to come together at the right time – location needs to be ready and booked in advance, legal requirements need to be completed, and your guests need to arrive on time. It will be aour responsibility to make sure that all of your questions is answered and that all of your concerns are allayed. It will be a Magical experience!
We have a dedicated team of wedding specialists in charge of organizing destination weddings in Peru. For more information please visit www.sayidoinperu.com, which is our brand specialized in wedding planning and guest travel management services!
WEDDING PLANNING PROCESS
You get engaged – Congratulations!
You and your fiancé start to realize that instead of paying so much money for a traditional wedding, you can create a truly unique experience that you will remember forever by inviting your friends and family to a wedding in Peru. A wedding in Peru can save you significant amount of money while turning your wedding day into an unforgettable “mini-vacation” for you and your guests or as many of our couples have mentioned “here in Peru you could afford a “princess-like” affair for the same amount of money you would have spent back home”, or one of you is Peruvian and want to show your international guests your unique culture.
You have called us to get more information and you trust we will do a great job with your wedding in Peru.
You decide to hire us to Plan your wedding and/or related tours for your guests.
We assign a Wedding specialist that will work with you and your fiancé to pick the exact location, offers the best travel packages for you and your guests, and coordinates with you and an on-site wedding coordinator to arrange the ceremony and reception. You can choose any Travel package from our site or we will create a customize one for your group.
You will decide if you will travel with your guests. If you want to take this option, we recommend a tour after the wedding. We usually like to call this package: “Chapperoned Honey Moon”.
Once the plans are finalized, you and your Wedding Specialist will set up your personalized wedding website (free to you and your fiancé), which will have event information, travel information, ways for your guests to contact your Weddings specialist, and information on you and your fiancé as a couple. You will then use the website to get all necessary information to your guests so they have time to make plans to attend.
You and your guests book their travel packages with your specialist, and everybody that you want to be there arrives as planned. We will work with each of your guest if they want to alter the original itinerary and or add any extension trips.
Your wedding ceremony is exactly what you wanted, in the place you wanted, with all the details you discussed before you came.
You and your guests leave Peru with life-long memories of your one-of-a-kind Wedding celebration.
When you return, you can post pictures of your celebration on your website, so your guests that could not make it can enjoy the events, and those that attended can relive the great memories!
EXAMPLES OF DETAILS WE WILL ARRANGE FOR YOU
24×7 Emergency Support
To ensure your wedding travel goes off without a hitch.
We have an 800 number and US numbers so your guests can contact us without having to make an international call. Your guests can call our Operations team and the person in charge of the wedding.
Complimentary Wedding Website
Fully featured, with photo capabilities, to help you properly announce your Special Day to your family and friends.
If you are thinking about getting married in Peru or have decided already, choosing your Wedding Planner is a very important decision to ensure a magical experience. Magical, in addition to being a company that specializes in high quality tours to Peru, we also have extensive experience in planning weddings in Peru as we planned our own wedding on December 2002 here in Lima. We had over a hundred people join us from all over the world and we took over 50 people to Cuzco as part of our wedding week. Every one of our guests had a terrific time. Since then, we have planned trips for other couples getting married in Peru. We have the experience—from planning weddings, to helping you through the planning process, ensuring your big day is a success. Beyond simply getting you a good rate for travel, it’s the experience planning that sets us apart from others. From helping you arrange all the details for your special day, to making sure the most important people in your life can join in on your celebration, we work extremely hard to make sure no detail is overlooked. In addition to our travel specialists, we have an in-house person, in charge of all the other details of the wedding (reception, welcome packages, photographer, flowers, etc).
Credit Card Payment
As you know, our company is based in the US (however with offices in Lima), so we have the ability to accept credit cards and process them in the US. This also gives our clients “peace of mind” in not having to send money to an unidentified account in Peru.
We help you pick the hotel for them and their guests (which usually depend on the price, location in relation to their relative’s house in Lima if you have family there or the events plan before/after the wedding). We recommend you pick a hotel as a “base of operations”. This way, all the transportation would leave from that hotel to the different events. This makes things easier for everyone (no guests lost or late). However, we sometimes offer a second or third cheaper or more expensive option as well, in case there is someone interested in those options. This information is usually included in the “Save the date” that the bride & groom send out.
We can also help them with quotes for your international tickets if you prefer.
One-to-one Assistance to the guests
We work with each of the guests on their reservations. We assign one person from our team to manage the details and he/she personally customizes tours if needed. The “Save the date” is sent by you but includes OUR contact information, so the guests contact us directly. (So you don’t have to worry about answering several people and getting worried about several small details that we can solve.) We have been doing weddings for more than 9 years now and we have experience with many different situations–We will of course keep you in the loop.
Packages for you AND your guests
Your Peru Wedding specialist will work with airlines and hotels to offer the best packages for you, your fiancé, AND your guests.
Professional Wedding Travel Assistance
A dedicated Peru Wedding specialist with years of experience planning successful Peru Weddings
Save the Date
In the US, the bride & groom send a letter to their guests where they explain all the details related to your wedding: where to stay (they usually have already a hotel of choice in which they have a preferred rate) and include time and location of all related events so the guests can plan accordingly. We help you to put this together since usually this document includes the information on the trip to Cuzco and other destinations if chosen in there. We can either print this for you in Magical Stationery, or you can have them print it themselves in regular paper or special stationery.
Transportation to Events & Lima Package
In addition to the tour to Cuzco, we will also transport your guests to the different events during the wedding week, as well as the hotel nights and any other dinner or city tour that you choose to include. Based on our experience, this is the best way to do it (pick a date in which you think your guests will arrive and create a Lima Package.) If some guests arrive earlier or later, we can customize it one-to-one accordingly. Including this, frees your guests of having to take taxis, which most of the time, are not the best in Lima, and guarantees everyone is on time at all events.
Trip to Cuzco & Other destinations
Depending on what you like to organize for your guests, we customize a trip for your guests. We usually recommend you choose a standard trip as a base trip (let’s say a 4 day-3 nights in Cuzco). However, if any of the guest(s) wishes to make changes, we can work with them independently and customize it.
RSVP & Individual Assistance to each Guest
We will provide help with your guest list being in charge of the RSVP for your wedding. They will contact us letting us know when they will be coming, which hotel they will be staying, number of people, etc. We will sort everything out for you and provide weekly reports on each of your guests. We will of course assist each of your guests in their individual needs.
Airport Pickups & Transportation to/from wedding related events.
We will help you sort through the wedding venues, and options for your ceremony and party as well as options for your rehearsal dinner or other pre-wedding events you may want to host.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I hire Magical to take care of the wedding details and have someone else organize the wedding?: ABSOLUTELY. Many hotels have on-site wedding coordinators, who maintain reputable local vendor lists and can help organize your big day. If you already have someone that is helping you, we will be happy to help you with all the wedding related events and work with your wedding coordinator to make sure we are on the same page.
- Do you get the best prices for travel packages?: All of our packages have competitive pricing and will always include best value services for each level you choose. Even when booking hostels, we will only include the ones we recommend. It is sometimes difficult to explain why one operator is more or less expensive than another. Magical Cuzco Tours is not one of the cheap operators in Peru. Our focus on service and the quality of our local partners limits our ability to reduce our costs to the minimum as many of other operators do. We have determined that it is better not to cut corners in order to assure that our clients are well taken care of during their stay in Peru. Furthermore, our “full service” approach to Peru Wedding planning and coordination sets us apart from the rest. We are unequaled in offering services such as a 24-hour, in-house emergency assistance hotline.
- I know a travel agent in Peru that can do my wedding: Unless that travel agent has planned weddings in Peru, or weddings at all, you are taking a risk that your dream Wedding will not be the way you envisioned it. There are so many details to the planning – from getting the right hotels, to ensuring flights and other transportation are properly coordinated for all of your guests – that even one detail overlooked could turn your Big Day into less than the Wedding of your Dreams. Experience is the most important attribute that you should be looking for in your Peruvian Wedding planner. Have they “done a wedding in Peru before?” or are they used to working with the American/Canadian or European traditions? Do they know Peru, the right suppliers; do they have the right contacts? Going with proven performance and experience in planning weddings in Peru is the only way to ensure that your Wedding in Peru is a success.
- I’m concerned about my guests being able to afford to come, what does a Peru wedding cost for the guests?: Because we customize every wedding to the unique dreams and needs of our couples, each one is different, as are the costs. All these costs are dependent upon many variables, including availability, location, hotel, time of year, etc. Specifically for a Peru wedding, we need to consider: (1) International Flight fare, (2) Most guests will purchase at least a 2- or 3-night package for the wedding festivities; (3) Some will want to take an extension trip to Machu Picchu. Therefore each guest’s budget will depend on the activities that he or she decides to do. Depending on how far in advance you organize your wedding and send your “Save the Date”, we can help your guests with their levels of accommodation (you may have an uncle that wants a 5-star hotel and a cousin that needs a less expensive hostel) and can work with you and your guests setting a payment schedule.
- What are the legal requirements when getting married in Peru?: This depends on the type of wedding that you like to do in Peru. Most international couples, get their married license in their country since they want to keep it simple for future paperwork requirements, and perform the ceremony in Peru. However, if you like to get legally married in Peru, our Wedding specialist will explain the requirements in detail. At this point, do not worry about the legalities; we can help you through that.
- What are your fees?: We charge a fee to organize your wedding that includes all the services listed above. Basically we will take care of every little detail to ensure you have your dream wedding. Please note that all our fees are included in this one-time fee, and we do not take commissions from the suppliers we use for your wedding.
- Why shouldn’t I just do it all on my own?:
Left behind: Guests were left at the airport since the hired transportation never showed up to pick them up; guests were late for the ceremony, etc. Over the years, we have heard some amazing stories from clients who have decided to have a wedding in Peru. Unfortunately, we have also heard quite a few horror stories over the years from brides and grooms who have decided to plan their weddings completely on their own. With the massive amount of details involved, it is very possible that without expert help, a small detail can be overlooked and result in any one (or combination) of the wedding disasters that we have heard of, such as the following.
Hotel Fiascos: Wedding Guests’ rooms were not reserved correctly, the rate went up unexpectedly, and those that couldn’t afford it were placed in a 2-star hotel on the other side of the city.
Hidden Clauses: The hotel contract had a hidden attrition clause in it, where the bride and groom were responsible for any rooms not booked. The happy newlyweds were forced to pay for hotel rooms reserved under their names.
- Why shouldn’t I just have my guests plan their own travel?: On the surface, it would seem like the easiest way for your guests to arrange travel would be to have them plan it on their own. Unfortunately, when guests are left to take this “everyone fends for themselves” approach to travel, you can miss out on some very important benefits that happen when you and your guests work together, not to mention they will end up calling you for suggestions anyway (especially if one of you is Peruvian). For Peruvian couples living abroad and culturally mixed (Peruvian-International) couples, we can work with your family members in Peru to coordinate the details of the wedding and incorporate the local guests to the celebration.
- How far in advance should I plan my Peru Wedding?: This varies. Some major factors are: how many guests are invited, as well as which month you choose for your wedding (Peru has high and low seasons for travel). For a traditional wedding, a month or two is acceptable notice for “Save the Date” cards. Peru Weddings, however, involve travel arrangements, and therefore should be sent out at least 4-6 months in advance. This is to allow the guests to properly budget and plan for the trip, and to make sure that they are able to obtain reservations, especially international airfare.
- How much experience do your specialists have?: Our Peru Wedding Specialists are Peruvian with extensive experience working with international couples, so they will understand your customs, beliefs and religious backgrounds. We are in the business of planning successful Peru Weddings and take that seriously (and have fun doing it).
- How will I communicate with my Peru Wedding Specialist?: An event as important as your Peru Wedding takes a lot of coordination and planning. In the beginning stages, your Peru Wedding Specialist will want to speak via phone so they can get to know you and your fiancé. We have an 800 number in the us and direct lines. Once the planning gets moving, email is a great way to exchange information and work out the details. Our Specialists have been quoted as saying that they consider themselves the “surrogate mother/father of the bride”, and they enjoy being part of the planning process for such a special event. Why would you want to have a Specialist who isn’t excited about your planning?
- Why book your Peru Wedding with Magical Cuzco Tours?: Magical Cuzco Tours offers a full-service approach which has one goal in mind – to make the planning and coordination of your Peru Wedding as simple and stress-free as possible. Peru Weddings are different from typical weddings and honeymoons, and therefore require the planning of an experienced travel agent–a Peru Wedding Specialist. Furthermore, Magical Cuzco Tours offers a complimentary wedding website to its couples. The site helps organize and get the word out to guests, and serves as an interactive community for you, your guests, and your Peru Wedding Specialist.