TASTE OF PERU
Be part of the new gastronomic revolution and experience world-class cuisine with the best Peruvian chefs.
TASTE OF PERU
OUR CULINARY ACTIVITIES
You can choose from any of these activities to create your own Culinary Tour. One of our experts will help you to put together an itinerary that fits your expectations and budget. Choose from a half-day cooking class or a culinary weekend to longer experiences, such as a 7-day or 10-day culinary programs. These tours offer a unique mixture of cooking classes from top chefs, meals at the best restaurants and of course tours of major destinations.
You can choose between our three types of activities: Culinary meals, Cooking classes and Culinary experiences.
We offer a wide range of culinary meals in the best restaurants in the country, such as Astrid y Gaston, Malabar and Map Café. You can enjoy Peruvian gourmet food, wine pairing, adding to your itinerary a traditional Peruvian meal, a Nikkei dinner, an Amazon Fusion meal. We have an extensive list of special menus, from a tasting menu in an informal restaurant to an elegant dinner at one of the Peruvian top restaurants, so it is really up to you to choose the best option for your Peruvian culinary trip. At Magical, we are able to fulfill any kind of requirements you should have.
We believe that our cooking classes enable our clients to fully understand the essence of Peruvian gastronomy. We offer many different cooking classes that can be demonstration classes or hands-on sessions. We organized cooking classes for any kind of audience, from people curious to learn more about Peruvian national dishes to foodies and professional chefs. In the demonstration classes the most famous and well recognized Peruvian chefs will show you the quintessential of Peruvian kitchen, such as how to prepare a perfect Pisco Sour, or the secrets of a tasty ceviche and much more, depending on the class you chose. In the hands-on classes you will learn how to cook a specific dish, the most modern techniques to use and the best ingredients to choose and you will try to cook it yourself with the best ingredients available on the market. This is a truly rewarding experience and you will certainly enjoy the exquisiteness of the Peruvian cuisine, guided by the best Chefs in the country.
Our founders worked very hard to perfectly reflect the new achievements of Peruvian gastronomy, which is a mix of cultures and traditions. Every Peruvian dish is a sensory experience and we always try hard to reflect it in our culinary activities. That is why we also offer a wide range of culinary experiences, which are usually implemented in a no restaurants settings. We can organize markets visits to taste the freshest exotic fruits, culinary and grocery shopping tours, walking gourmet tours, and many other culinary experiences especially tailored for our clients’ specific requirements. In our opinion these activities are one of the best ways to deeply understand Peruvian culinary culture, to enjoy the country, its traditions and, most of all, its welcoming and kind people.
*Please note that our culinary activities are in private.
**We also have a special option for vegetarians, for whom the culinary experience is just as amazing.
EXAMPLES OF DETAILS WE WILL ARRANGE FOR YOU
Day 1: Arrival to Lima
Upon your arrival to Lima, one of our representatives will meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel in Lima.
Day 2: Market Visit with Fruit Festival, Basics of Peruvian Cuisine & Afternoon City Tour
Start your day with a visit to the main market to purchase all of the food and ingredients for the class. After the Market visit our chefs will teach you the quintessential basics of Peruvian Cuisine in an exciting cooking class. After lunch, you will be picked up at the restaurant, and taken on your City tour of Lima. Sites to be visited: Main Square, The Cathedral, Government Palace, City Hall, San Francisco Monastery, old streets with colonial houses, and a great driving tour through San Isidro and Miraflores. At the conclusion of your city tour, you will be taken back to your hotel in order to relax before dinner.
Day 3: Ceviche Festival and free afternoon
After breakfast at your hotel, you will be picked up for your Ceviche Festival class. This cooking class will give you the experience and all the knowledge needed to prepare the best ceviche and all related dishes such as Tiradito and all the seafood combinations. After lunch, you will be taken back to your hotel in order to rest and enjoy the rest of the afternoon at your leisure.
Day 4: Flight to Cusco and Afternoon City Tour and gourmet dinner
After breakfast, you will be met by one of our representatives and taken directly to the airport in order to catch your one-hour flight to Cusco. You will be met upon arrival and transferred to your hotel. Once you have had a chance to adjust to the altitude, you will be met at your hotel and taken on a grand tour of the city. You will visit Plaza de Armas, the Spanish cathedral and Inca temple of the sun, Qoricancha. Next we set out to visit the ruins above the city: Sacsayhuaman, Tambomachay, the Temple of the Sacred Waters and Q´enqo. In the evening, you will be picked up at your hotel and taken to one of the best restaurant in Cusco to enjoy your culinary meal. At the conclusion of dinner, you will be taken back to your hotel in Cusco.
Day 5: Sacred Valley Tour with Home-style Cusquenian Cooking Class
After breakfast at your hotel in Cusco, you will set out into the Sacred Valley of the Incas, for a private tour. Our first stop will be a visit to the the Pisac market. After the market, we head deeper into the Sacred Valley and visit the Inca town of Ollantaytambo. At the conclusion of your tour, you will take part in a unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience in the sacred valley, a Demonstration of Local Vegetables & Home-Style Cooking. In this visit you will learn, touch, and taste some of the main vegetables farmed in this area and the unique ways that the Chefs use the great variety of special natural products and other delicious vegetables. You will also have a tour of an organic plantation. At the end of the day you will go back to Cusco.
Day 6: Machu Picchu Tour with Lunch & Overnight in Aguas Calientes
The day you have been waiting for! After breakfast at your hotel, we catch the train to the town of Aguas Calientes at the base of Machu Picchu. You will then continue by bus for the short ride up switch backs to the Machu Picchu citadel overhead. We enter the ruins for a breathtaking view of the city in the sky. You will enjoy a full tour of the lost city and have lunch at Sumaq in Aguas Calientes. After lunch, you will be taken back to your hotel in Aguas Calientes in order to rest and enjoy the rest of the afternoon at your leisure.
Day 7: Free Day & Back to Cusco for Peruvian Cocktail Class
This day you have the option to visit MachuPicchu one more time on your own and see the sunrise or take one of the hikes available. You can also relax at your hotel or visit the local market. After lunch, we set out by train heading to the station at Poroy and then back to Cusco where you will attend a Peruvian Cocktail class.
Day 8: Free Morning & Flight Back to Lima &
After breakfast at your hotel in Cusco, you will have the morning free to visit the city on your own. Then you will be picked up at your hotel and taken directly to the airport in order to catch your short, one-hour flight back to the capital city of Lima. Once you arrive in Lima, you will be met at the airport and taken to your hotel. You will have the afternoon for free to get ready for your tea time.
Day 9: Culinary Shopping, Farewell Lunch & Flight Back Home
After your final breakfast in Lima, you will be met at your hotel and taken on your culinary shopping tour through the city of Lima. We will take you to shop for recipe books and ingredients for you to prepare at home the Peruvian dishes you learned to make during your trip. At the conclusion of your shopping tour, you will be taken to one of the most elegant restaurant in town for your farewell lunch.After lunch, your trip to Peru winds to a close as we bring you back to Jorge Chavez airport in order for you to catch your flight back home.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How much experience do your specialists have?: Our Travel Specialists are Peruvian with extensive experience working with international clients, foodies, and professional chefs so they will understand your customs, beliefs and cultural backgrounds. We have been in the business of planning successful culinary tours in Peru for many years now and we take that very seriously (and have fun doing it).
- How can I get in touch with your Travel Specialists?: Please call us at 703-822-5312 and ask for Ana Maria or Veronica or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Travel Specialist will be in touch in 24 hours to start working on your culinary program, fully customized on the basis of your needs and requirements.
- Why book a culinary tour with Magical Cuzco Tours?: Magical Cuzco Tours offers a full-service approach which has one goal in mind – to make you learn Peruvian culinary culture and enjoy tasty and top quality food. Magical Cuzco culinary tours are different from typical ones, and therefore require the planning of an experienced travel agent. We constantly create new classes and culinary activities for our clients, since this sector is in fast development and we are always up to date with new restaurants openings, new ingredients and culinary trends. Furthermore, Magical Cuzco Tours offers a complimentary Taste of Peru website to its clients. The site helps organize your culinary tour in Peru, get an idea of the different activities we offer and get a sense of Peruvian culinary culture. Our website features a culinary blog, where you can find recipes of the most known Peruvian dishes, biography of the most famous Peruvian Chefs and all the latest news from culinary world.
- Why shouldn’t I just do it all on my own?: We have many years of experience organizing unique culinary tours and activities in Peru and this helped us building a solid and extensive network in the country and abroad. We can provide any kind of cooking class with the most recognized Peruvian Chefs, as well as a wide range of culinary activities and fit them in your own program and schedule. Please note that our tours are highly customized to your needs and goals and we provide the best service in the market.
- Who are your teachers?: Our teachers are famous and well-recognized Peruvian Chefs who mostly own their own restaurants in Lima, Cuzco and around the world. They are Chefs with several years of experience and in some case internationally awarded. As soon as you confirm your program with us we will let you know who will be your teacher, his/her profile and expertise.
- I am a professional Chef. Can you prepare a special program for me?: Yes, of course we can. We runs programs on a daily basis for any kind of people, from people eager to learn a bit more on Peruvian culinary culture to professional Executive Chefs all over the world. Our programs are fully customized and we can certainly adjust them to participants’ level and requirements. They include an extensive culinary curriculums (traditional Peruvian cuisine, Nikkei cuisine, Andean cuisine, and more) and can be used for continue education program. We are also able to provide certificates signed by the Chef in charge of the class. Please note that we are able to organize many different activities and programs that is why we can work with a broad target.
- I am a vegetarian. Can you prepare a special program for me?: Yes, of course we can. As vegetarian you can live an amazing culinary experience in Peru as well and we can offer you many different special options and activities that will allow you to learn more about Peruvian culinary culture and enjoy the best veggie food in the country.
- I am a student. Can you prepare a special program for me?: Yes, of course we can. We can prepare special programs reflecting students’ needs and requirements. We know that most of the time students have a limited budget, and we are able to offer a fully customized program for you, that will allow you to learn more about Peruvian culinary culture with our extensive and constantly updated list of culinary curriculums. We can also provide certificates signed by the Chef in charge of the class.
- Can you organize group tours?: No, all our culinary programs and activities are in private, but we certainly recommend you a group tour run by one of our trusted partners in Peru.
- Do you run culinary programs and activities every day?: Yes, we do. We run culinary programs and activities on a daily basis, so that you can chose the best time for you and you will live the best culinary experience in the country at your convenience.
- Do you get the best prices for travel packages?: All of our packages have competitive pricing and will always include best value services for each level you choose. Even when booking hostels, we will only include the ones we recommend. It is sometimes difficult to explain why one operator is more or less expensive than another. Magical Cuzco Tours is not one of the cheap operators in Peru. Our focus on service and the quality of our local partners limits our ability to reduce our costs to the minimum as many of other operators do. We have determined that it is better not to cut corners in order to assure that our clients are well taken care of during their stay in Peru. We are unequaled in offering services such as a 24-hour, in-house emergency assistance hotline.